This is my revised regimen that I have come up with for my mostly 4A tresses to combat high humidity and hard water.
- Pre-poo with ACV hair rinse (50:50 ratio of distilled water to organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the mother) 1x a week
- Wash my hair with a hard water shampoo 1x a week
- Follow with a hard water conditioner 1x a week
- Olive oil rinse 1x a week
- Moisturize my hair with the L-O-C method (in the morning AND at night)
- Utilize low-manipulation hair styling
- Stay away from heat on a daily basis; limit direct heat (e.g., flat ironing) to 2-3 times per year
- Air dry
- Use low manipulation/protective styles as hair grows longer
- Dust ends once a quarter; trim hair only when necessary
Summary: Shampoo, condition, oil rinse, moisturize and seal, and use a low-manipulation hair style
* NOTE: Use protein treatments with caution. Listen to YOUR hair. When my hair was relaxed, it needed a weekly protein treatment just to maintain the status quo. Now that I am natural, my hair only needs a protein treatment every 6-8 weeks.