This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.Thank you for your support!
Nioxin 2% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment for Women has been clinically proven to effectively help hair growth in women. It is the only FDA-approved medicine available to treat female pattern baldness and thinning. According to the label, it “reactivates hair follicles to stimulate regrowth.” Although previously only available by prescription, it is now comes in a 90-day supply for under $40 online. Since a 30-day supply is almost $17, that’s essentially a buy 2, get 1 free deal! So, I think this gives great bang for your buck.
Directions: Apply one mL 2 times a day directly onto the scalp in the hair loss area.
Manufacturer Warning: According to the enclosed instruction leaflet, using more of the Hair Regrowth Treatment or using the Hair Regrowth Treatment more frequently WILL NOT improve results. If treating extreme hair loss, continued use is necessary or hair loss will return. Also, it is important that, when using this treatment, it is not applied on other parts of the body. Contact with the eyes should be avoided. (In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap water.) In addition, some people have experienced changes in hair color and/or texture after using this product.
- Restored my edges
- Increased my hair’s volume drastically
- Has a child-resistant dropper bottle
- Great value for the quantity received
- You do not need to change your normal hair routine to use this treatment (e.g., can continue to use hair spray, gel, mousse, etc.)
- Must be 18 or older to use
- Has to be applied 2x a day EVERY day
- Solution needs to remain on the scalp for at least 4 hours (washing out is not necessary after this time)
- Will not grow back 100% of all hair
- Maximum results require 4 months of consistent use
- Nioxin 2% Minoxidil will not work better or faster if used more than 2x a day
- Solution requires sufficient drying time (i.e., prior to going to sleep for the night) to prevent staining
- Must wash hands thoroughly after use to prevent unwanted hair growth on other parts of the body
- Not everyone will respond to the Nioxin 2% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment
- Only treats general hair thinning and hair loss (particularly on the top of the head, such as in terms of female pattern baldness); does not expedite hair growth
- Has potential side effects: itching, inflamed/burning skin, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness/dizziness, changes in hair color or texture, swelling in hands or feet, and/or sudden unexplained weight gain; potential for side effects increase if product is not used properly (i.e., on other parts of the body)
In just two weeks, I noticed a significant increase in my hair’s volume and that my sparse edges were starting to fill in. Around this time, while having lunch with my sister, she commented that my hair looked “healthy.” After a month, she said that my hair appeared twice as thick and full as before! This was without her knowing that I was using this treatment. I noticed a difference, but it’s nice when the people around you start to notice, too.
All in all, I am pleased with the fact that this Hair Regrowth Treatment helped to thicken my hair and grow back my edges. However, it didn’t seem to have much, if any, effect in terms of expediting my hair growth. Watch the video below to see my detailed progress after using the Nioxin 2% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment for a month.