This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.Thank you for your support!
This textured bun is super easy and can be done on freshly washed or previously styled hair. This works best on stretched or mostly stretch hair (i.e., a previous twist-out) best.
1. Create a U-shaped part at the front of your head (for your faux bangs).
4. Add a satin bonnet, and you’re ready for bed!
5. In the morning (or whenever you’re ready), gently remove the perm rods. It should look something like this.
6. After admiring your banging curls, create your favorite bun. You can do a simple roll and tuck or something more complicated. I just gently combed through my curls, lifted up half of my ponytail, pulled it forward to the left, and pinned it in place. Then, I took the remaining half and did the same, pinning it to the opposite side.
7. Fluff your bangs to softly loosen some of the curls.
8. Lift your bangs (to make them easier to pin).
9. Add a bobby pin on each side about halfway. This will create the faux bang effect.
10. Here is what it looked like when I finished!