This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.Thank you for your support!
Have acne or blackheads? Run out of your fave skin mask or pore strip? Don’t fret. Just use Elmer’s glue! Yes, you heard me correctly. I said Elmer’s glue. Just use any non-toxic glue on your face to get rid of blackheads or to help speed up the process of pimples. Simply apply the glue to your nose (or wherever needed) and gently peel off when dry (about 10-15 minutes). Presto chango … You will have clearer skin in no time flat. Forget the arts and crafts and bring on the glue! Ok, I still like a good DIY, but it’s nice to know that my beloved Elmer’s can do more than découpage. 😉
Not brave enough to give it a try? Use Elmer’s glue around your nail bed, let it dry, and then paint your nails as crazy as you want! Don’t have any Elmer’s lying around? Here are some other alternatives …
- Apply an inch-sized amount of toothpaste (not the gel kind) on a toothbrush. An old toothbrush or travel-sized one would be perfect! If you have blackheads on your nose, apply an even smaller amount of toothpaste, and keep away from your eyes.
- Wet the toothbrush and wet the affected area. Again, make sure you do not apply too close to the eyes, as the vapors from menthol toothpastes can irritate them.
- Gently scrub the affected area with your toothbrush.
- Repeat daily until the affected areas are clear. Always sterilize the toothbrush with boiling hot water after each use.
GELATIN & MILK
- Take one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of flavorless gelatin. Mix them together in a cup.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Apply the mixture (i.e., with a makeup brush) to the affected area in the shape of a pore strip.
- Let it dry on the affected area(s). This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the strip. When you pull the strip off, it will remove the blackheads!