This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.Thank you for your support!
- In an empty bottle, add 3 oz. (6 tablespoons) of your favorite moisturizing conditioner.
- I used VO5 Moisture Milks, an affordable cheapie conditioner that is highly moisturizing.
- I placed the conditioner in a spray bottle with ounce line measurements that I got at Walmart for only 92 cents in the lawn and garden section! This spray bottle provides easy measuring and even easier application.
- Add 9 oz. of warm distilled water (1⅛ cups).
- Leave-in conditioners are generally diluted conditioners. Please make sure you add at least 3 times more water than conditioner. Otherwise, the leave-in will weigh down your hair.
- Try to use distilled/bottled water because the minerals in tap water can build up in your hair, making it hard to manage.
- Add 1 teaspoon of glycerin (a natural humectant) to make an extra moisturizing leave-in.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vitamin e oil (to act as a natural preservative).
- You can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of castor, olive, or coconut oil for extra nourishment, or to make this mixture double as a daily moisturizer.
- You can add two teaspoons of MSM powder (about nine 1500mg tablets) or two teaspoons (about six 500mg tablets) of Vitamin C for an extra strengthening hair formula. Just be sure to dissolve the MSM and Vitamin C powder in three to four tablespoons of warm water. The mixture must dissolve fully before it can be incorporated into the rest of the leave-in.
- You can add 10-15 drops of an essential oil for further hair benefits (i.e., peppermint, tea tree, or rosemary) or for a scent boost.
- Shake before each use, and enjoy your new leave-in!
NOTE: This is a general formula. You can play around with the concentration to determine what will best suit your needs, but always remember to listen to your hair.