This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.
Thank you for your support!
- Place 1 cup of sugar into a large jar that comes with a lid.
- If using salt, make sure it isn’t coarse, or it will be too harsh for your skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, opt for superfine sugar (or brown sugar) instead.
- Melt ½ cup of coconut oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the oil to the sugar and stir aggressively until the sugar and oil are well combined.
- OPTIONAL: ESSENTIAL OILS
- Use 10-15 drops of an essential oil (i.e., Rosemary, Peppermint, Lavender, etc).
- Stir again until the scent is evenly distributed. Secure with lid.
- Use as a body scrub.
- Use as a face scrub.