This blog post contains affiliate links (e.g., to Amazon, eBay, etc.), which means that if you click on one of the product links and place an order, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue to create content like this.Thank you for your support!
- Place 1 part pure vegetable glycerin into a spray bottle.
- Add distilled (not tap) water.
- Add 4 parts water for oily skin.
- Add 3 parts water for combination skin.
- Add 2 parts water for dry skin.
- Add 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil (i.e., tea tree, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, etc).
- Substitute 1 part rose water for 1 part distilled water if you have extreme redness in your skin.
- Substitute 1 part witch hazel for 1 part distilled water if the mixture is too “sticky” for your taste.
- Shake vigorously until well mixed.
I use the recipe above for setting my makeup and as a skin refresher after an intense workout. For my daily hair moisturizer, I use 4 parts water to 1 part glycerin, add about a tablespoon of castor oil to the solution for additional hair health benefits, and complete the spritz with 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil. This is my go-to DIY spritz.